Why is “Cloud Native” Architecture Critial for iPAAS?
In the past, companies like Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, and Tibco created iPaaS systems before cloud computing became popular. These older systems are similar to other large, complex software that businesses are now trying to update. They were made before the time when teams could mix and match the best software from different sources to build their systems.
However, newer iPaaS solutions are embracing the latest cloud computing practices. This means they are built using smaller, more flexible parts, constantly updated, and set up in a cloud environment. These modern systems are also designed to be managed and adjusted easily, like editing a text file, making them more efficient.
What makes these cloud-based iPaaS systems special is not just that they’re new. They simplify and speed up the process of linking different applications and data. This is much quicker than creating these connections one at a time. Also, unlike the older systems that required a lot of specialized training, these new platforms are more user-friendly.
What are the benefits of “Cloud Native”?
The benefits of a cloud-native approach for Integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) include:
- Fast and Easy Integrations: Cloud-native iPaaS allows for quick and straightforward integration of various applications and data sources, streamlining business processes and reducing time-to-market for new functionalities.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Implementing a cloud-native iPaaS is typically less expensive compared to traditional integration methods, providing cost-effective solutions for businesses.
- Agile and Flexible Scalability: This approach offers flexible scalability, meaning businesses can easily adjust their integration capacity as their needs change, without the constraints of physical infrastructure.
- Enhanced Security and Data Compliance: Cloud-native iPaaS often comes with improved security features and compliance with data protection regulations, safeguarding sensitive business and customer data.
- Improved Scalability: Cloud-native iPaaS platforms can quickly scale to meet high-volume demands in real-time, ensuring reliable performance even under heavy loads.
- Auto-Scalable Infrastructure: A true cloud-native iPaaS benefits from an infrastructure that can automatically scale up or down based on demand, optimizing resource usage and availability.
- Accelerated Digital Transformation: Adopting a cloud-native approach enables businesses to fully leverage cloud infrastructure and services, facilitating faster digital transformation and innovation.
- Ease of Deployment and Management: The cloud-native design simplifies the deployment and ongoing management of integrations, making it more accessible for businesses to maintain and update their integration processes.