What is Quickbooks?
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. It was first introduced in 1992 and is primarily designed for small and medium-sized businesses. QuickBooks offers a range of features to help with financial management, including tracking business income and expenses, organizing financial information, managing employee expenses, and handling inventory. It is available in both desktop and online formats, as well as offering cloud-based solutions. This software is widely used for managing personal, business, and tax finances, making it a popular tool for small business.
What Integrations are Possible with Quickbooks?
The QuickBooks Online Accounting API offers a range of functions to enhance accounting tasks and application integration. Key functionalities include:
- Access to Key Accounting Features: The API allows applications to utilize key features of QuickBooks Online, similar to those available in the customer-facing QuickBooks Online UI
- REST Framework-Based: It is based on the REST framework, offering standard REST features, operations, and formats for easy integration and data handling
- Application Integration: Enables building apps that can access most customer-facing QuickBooks features used by small businesses for accounting purpose.
- API Reference and Operations: The API Explorer provides references for all QuickBooks Online Accounting API entities, detailing relevant fields and operations for each department
- Query Operations: Supports querying most of the API entities, with operations similar to a simplified SQL, allowing for efficient data retrieval and manipulation.
- Payment Processing Functions: The QuickBooks Payments API, a related but distinct part of their API offerings, allows apps to process payments, refund charges, and manage credit cards and bank account.
These functions make the QuickBooks Online API a powerful tool for custom app development, data analysis, and financial management.
The APIWORX Commerce Connect Platform handles all the messy stuff.
- Connecting Securely via API
- Transforming Data as Needed
- Mapping of Key Fields
- Automation of Key Data Flows
- Error Handling