In the BrightConnect Integration, on the left side, there is a Sync Configuration page that will allow you to control and manage the sync of different data between Square POS and Brightpearl.
Step 1 – Go to the Products tab to configure the mapping of the fields for products sync from Brightpearl to Square POS.
Step 1 (A) – Select the fields of both platforms which hold a unique identifier for each product which is common across both the platforms, Square POS & BrightPearl.
Step 1 (B) – Select Squareup Location where you want products to be created on Square from Brightpearl.
Step 1 (C) – Enable the Product Sync Flow, so that products can easily sync from Brightpearl to Square POS. Also, it consists of two product sync flows, One Way Sync & Both Way Sync.
- One-way sync – If you select this option products will sync from one way only, e.g. if you select Brightpearl to Squareup, then the product will sync from Brightpearl to Squareup only and Vice Versa.
- Blacklist product category – In this section, you can select one or multiple product categories that you don’t want to get updated as per the selected sync flow.
- Both-way sync – If you select this option, products will sync from both platforms. For example – if you’ll create a product in Brightpearl it’ll get updated in Squareup(you can select a Product Category and make it as Blacklist, which means it’ll not get updated into Squareup). The same goes for Squareup, if you’ll create a product there, then it’ll get updated into Brightpearl(you can add a default Product brand so that whenever you’ll create products in Squareup they will go to that default product brand).
Step 1 (D) – You’ll need to review and adjust the Product Field Mapping as per your product setup on both platforms. For example – you should Map the BrightPearl Product Description field to Square Product Description field so that when the product gets created from BrightPearl to Square, the product description from BrightPearl will get transferred to the Product Description field of Square.
Step 1 (E) – After all the mapping is done, click on the Save button to save all the product field mapping.
Step 2 – Go to the Orders tab to enable the sync of orders from Square POS to Brightpearl.
Step 2 (A) – After allowing order sync, you need to enter a Go-Live Date & Time from which the system will start syncing the orders. (Orders created on this date or after this date will be downloaded automatically and also the Go Live Date can only be set to a date in the future).
Step 2 (B) – You can Enable or Disable Order Reference/ID as per your preference. If you want that order id to get updated into Brightpearl from Square POS then you can enable this sync or if you don’t want it so then disable it.
Step 2 (C) – Set some Default values which the system will use to create the Orders in Brightpearl from Square POS.
- Project – In this section, you can select the project’s status. For example – If the project is in the testing period or it will go live.
- Lead Source – In this section, you can select a lead source from where you can get the details about this connector, such as Google or any other Search Engine.
- Tax Code – In this section, you can select a unique Tax Code that is assigned to contact records, product records, and transactions. (Tax Code controls the Total Tax Rate applied to a transaction).
- Default Price List-ID – you can set a default price list that you would like to use when creating orders in your selected Square POS Location.
- Blacklist Order Source – In this section, you can select those Order Source which is not a part of Square’s Order Source and shouldn’t get updated to Brightpearl.
Step 2 (C) – Map Square POS location with Brightpearl Channel so that whenever an order comes in from selected Square Location will get synced Brightpearl Channel and then click on the Save Mapping button.
Step 2 (D) – Map the Tax Method between both the platforms so that the correct tax info. can get synced while creating orders in Brightpearl and then click on the Save Mapping button.
Step 2 (E) – Map the Square POS Location with Brightpearl Warehouse for proper inventory allocation and then click on the Save Mapping button.
Step 2 (F) – Set a Default Sales Order Status which comes from Square POS to Brightpearl Sales.
Step 2 (G) – Select a Default Customer from Brightpearl Customer list for anonymous sales from Square POS.
Step 2 (H) – Enable this option so the orders that come from Square POS get marked as fulfilled in Brightpearl, otherwise all Square POS orders will download as not fulfilled.
Step 2 (I) – Enable the sync of payment from Square POS to Brightpearl.
Step 2 (J) – After Enabling the payment sync, you can set a Default Payment Method from Brightpearl that can be used by the system whenever an order’s payment gets synced from Square POS to Brightpearl and you can also map the other Payment Method between platforms according to your preference.
Step 2 (K) – After all the mapping is done, click on the Save button to save all the order field mapping.
Step 3 – Go to the Prices tab to enable the sync of price from Brightpearl to Square POS.
Step 3 (A) – Select a Default Pricing from Brightpearl price list for Square POS Default price.
Step 3 (B) – Click on the Save button to save the price field mapping.
Step 4 – Go to the Inventory tab to enable the sync of inventory from Brightpearl to Square POS.
Step 4 (A) – Map the Square Location to Brightpearl’s Warehouse so that whenever there is an update in the inventory level of Brightpearl’s Warehouse, it’ll get reflected in the mapped Square location.
Step 4 (B) – Click on the Save button to save the inventory field mapping.