From a business point of view, real-time API offers a number of benefits. It encourages innovation and increases potential for partnerships. But, what is it really and how is it used? First, let us define the term real-time. Real-time refers to the ability to respond to something as soon as it happens.
Why should you consider real-time?
- User experience
Because life happens in real-time, your API should also be in real-time. Real-time API allows an application to register for events it is interested in. For instance, you will receive push notifications every time a new customer is added or when the stock price changes. You don’t get the new data on your next query; it is instantly pushed to you.
Here are five reasons why real-time API is great for your business:
- Real-time data. With real-time API, you can also enjoy real-time data within your systems. Any changes in data, any interaction between systems, and user interactions with apps and systems can be easily identified.
- Faster access to value. Real-time API allows your customers to access data and gain value from it. The faster you can let them access and process data, the faster they can gain business value. So, make sure your customers get the data as soon as possible.
- Time factor. Real-time API is required because you need to know if there’s a warp core breach instantly. If the API is not real-time, every event will become an emergency. You won’t be able to take action immediately.
- Developer experience and empowerment. Real-time API offers a great developer experience and empowers them to do much more. They will have faster access to your data, so they can reduce code complexity and application processing overhead. Developers will be able to build value into the product and offer real-time experience to users.
- Real-time experience of users. For quite some time, people want real-time experiences. They don’t want to wait. Many of the applications they use on a daily basis are already on real-time, including Facebook, Google Docs and Uber. These applications offer a significantly improved user experience, and that’s what they want from your company too.
Get valuable data, share it with your customers, be informed of important events, and improve developer and user experience with real-time API. APIworx creates high quality API integrations across internal and external systems. This global company provides you with real-time advantage and integration between disparate unintegrated systems. Learn more about us here.