How ERP Integration Can Help Your eCommerce Business
How ERP Integration Can Help Your eCommerce Business
ERP integration is a valuable tool to help your eCommerce business grow, both now and in the future.
What is Enterprise Resource Planning?
ERP is a software system that provides a single view of data across an entire organization. ERP systems are used in many industries, including manufacturing, retail, and healthcare. These systems can help companies streamline their operations and improve efficiency while reducing costs.
A common use of ERP software is to manage inventory levels in a supply chain: when it’s time to reorder items from suppliers or schedule production runs at one of your own facilities you’ll be able to do so seamlessly through the system. This eliminates the need for manual processes like phone calls or spreadsheets which take up time for both you and your suppliers—and increases operational efficiency as well!
Why ERP Integration is So Important
Because it helps you to do several things:
- Be more efficient. If your business runs on an ERP system, then integrating it with other platforms will help you save time and resources. For example, if you want to integrate your ERP system with a website that has an online store for customers, then this can help streamline the process of ordering products from multiple locations in one fell swoop. This means less paperwork and fewer steps for both customer and seller alike!
- Manage inventory better. Keeping tabs on how much inventory you have available is crucial when running any kind of business—especially one that sells products online or via retail stores in person! With a well-integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) system at hand, it’s easier than ever before to keep track of what items are selling well while also identifying areas where there may be too much stock on hand compared to demand at specific times throughout the year based upon consumer trends observed globally over decades worth of data collection across various industries.
Integrating Your eCommerce Platform with Your ERP System
ERP systems are built to handle large amounts of data and transactions at a time. They are designed to withstand heavy usage, which is why they’re widely used in large companies. On the other hand, eCommerce platforms were not built to handle such large loads of information—in fact, they often struggle when trying to process thousands of orders at once.
Therefore, it’s necessary for you as an eCommerce business owner or manager to integrate your eCommerce platform with your ERP system so that you can take advantage of all its benefits while still maintaining quick order processing times.
Better Inventory Management
Inventory management is a critical component in many business operations, and ERP integration can be used to improve your inventory management strategies. A well-integrated ERP system can help you identify what goods need to stay in stock, and what items should be ordered more frequently or less often.
ERP systems also make it easier for you to keep track of inventory levels at all times, which means that your employees will know when they need to reorder certain supplies or goods so that they’re always on hand when needed.
In addition, an integrated ERP system means that data entry errors are less likely—which reduces wasted time by eliminating the need for manual corrections.
Increase in Scalability
As your business grows, you need to be able to increase the number of products that are available for sale. Without a proper ERP integration in place, this can be difficult or even impossible. When an eCommerce platform is integrated with an ERP system, however, it can track inventory levels and alert users when they need to reorder stock. This allows businesses to keep more products in stock at all times and avoid running out of key items before they have time to restock them.
This increased level of scalability will help you grow your business by allowing you to sell more products without having to worry about running out of inventory before being able to restock them again once new shipments arrive from suppliers.
Improved Marketing Capabilities
ERP integration allows you to track customer behavior and improve your marketing efforts.
- You can identify which marketing campaigns are working, based on the data collected from your ERP.
- You can identify which customers are most likely to purchase from you, based on their past purchases and shopping habits. This information can be used to target those customers with customized offers that will attract them back to your site.
Higher Customer Satisfaction
Customer satisfaction is a key metric for businesses, particularly ones that move products or services through eCommerce. If you’re not sure how to measure and improve customer satisfaction, here are some tips:
- Find out what your customers want. Conduct regular surveys and ask customers what they like about your company and which features they’d like to see added. You can also use this as an opportunity to ask if there’s anything else you could do better as far as their experience goes.
- Look at the big picture. Keep track of all these different metrics—response rates and open rates, time spent on site per visitor—and then analyze them together in order to see how things look overall for your business growth strategy.
ERP integration is a valuable tool to help your eCommerce business grow, both now and in the future
ERP integration is a valuable tool to help your eCommerce business grow, both now and in the future. The benefits of ERP integration are many, but the most important ones are:
- Reduced costs associated with operating multiple systems
- Improved data quality across all business functions
- An integrated view of your business’s data
If you’re looking for a way to grow your eCommerce business and improve its efficiency, then ERP integration is an excellent option. By integrating your eCommerce platform with your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, you can streamline many processes and increase overall customer satisfaction. This type of integration will also allow you to scale up quickly without having to worry about adding new features later on down the road.
For your automation and system integration needs, contact us at email@example.com.
Apiworx is dedicated to helping eCommerce businesses scale faster than ever possible before by streamlining and managing complex OmniChannel data flows, we save our customers time and money, allowing them to scale their businesses faster and more effectively. We focus on automation and integration of often-overlooked back-office systems and processes such as order and inventory management. We work with major partners in the industry and build best-in-breed automation and integration solutions.